02 November, 2008

Tasting with Heart




A delightful gastronomi-cal series on National Geographic - The Food Lover's Guide to the Planet, has me lying on my stomach, sprawled in front of the T.V Set...and it has some brain food as well, meaning you travel around the world learning about – molecular gastronomy (!), trompe l’oeil in food, food bloggers and in the last episode, combining aromatherapy oils with food and a chef in France who takes inspiration from walks in his garden - plucking this, smelling that...mmmm....now we’re talking
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I partucularly loved the French scientist who apparently defined the term 'molecular gastronomy'. Here is a man of science after your heart, he says, good food is not about technique or skill it but about love! So go watch a programme about food and enjoy your dal chawal or even a chai at work even more or better still experiment!
~~~~~~~~~~

My Food Story
Spring time in Bejing, circa 2008, in a certain Golden Lake Cafe, I waited long for this steaming vision . The vegetables, sauce and the noodles were so delicious, I hurt my mouth trying to eat it quickly since I was getting late to be somewhere. This meal is one of 'the' favourite meals I have had the pleasure to..wait, not eat but to 'see, smell, touch and taste'. Thanks Chef! Xie- xie!
Bon apetit to all!
Love + light!





No comments:

Followers