26 October, 2008

Blue.







It all started with a hook in the middle of the wall. I had been away for almost two years and when I returned my folks had put this hook. (In what used to be the balcony, now extension of living room and still have'nt asked them about the hook)
Being inclined to making improvisations to my surroundings I had been thinking of hanging some kind of lamp. My most favourite corner to sit in happens to be dressed in stripes of blue, and one evening while ambling down colaba causeway (where else!) I stopped by at a stall selling these lamps and other curios mostly for tourists...and decided on this Blue one.
Somehow the atmosphere of my favourite corner is evolving into hues of blue, sea green, mauve....and the blue-ness of the glass acts as a accent. It's nothing expensive but I'm deeply into 'living' colour and my most sincere apologies if I ramble on and on about it. :)
Firstly, Blue is the colour emanated by your throat chakra which has a lot to do with expression. Add a little red then you get indigo which is the colour of your brow chakra.
Colours do have a deeper meaning and a function in our lives other than adding an easthetic value. So, let's see what does S.G.J Ouseley say of the attributes of BLUE in the book 'Colour Meditations'
BLUE.The Symbol of Inspiration and Devotion.
The spiritual nature.
Deep clear blue, pure religious feeling.
Pale ethereal blue, devotion to a noble ideal.
An excess of blue in the aura signifies an artistic, harmonious nature and spititual understanding.
Bright blue, loyalty and sincerity.
A little tip I learnt from Pauline Wills book Colour Therapy is you can breathe in colour into your aura. Now, this is my improvisation - When you are outdoors and you see the sky, imagine you are taking it in - it's beautiful blue colour. Isn't that simply wonderful?
I found Pauline's book when I was living in Leh at Leh-Ling bookshop. (the only bookshop open in winter!). It was my first book about colour therapy and since then much abused from caryying about, underlining sentences and the likes. Pauline Wills has given a set of asanas to perform to enhance each chakra, where you visualize breathing in the colour while you stay in the pose. My favourite part though is *'Pink Rose Contemplation'. I experimented a bit and tried it with various fifferently coloured flowers , since in Leh during summer flowers grow so well in the garden. Although the meditation/contemplation lasted only for a few minutes it was exciting to note how each flower triggered a flow of energy in a different direction, also the intensity varied, was it the colour? it was exciting to practise and discover nonetheless.
* ( I suppose Pink is recommended as it is the colour of unconditional, universal love, just as in crystals, rose quartz is advised)
Returning to the colour Blue, Pauline says,
This is the colour which symbolizes inspiration, devotion, peace and tranquility.
If you have ever done a course of Vipassana ( as taught by S.N.Goenka) , if not you can always ask a freind who has, you will notice the meditation cushions at all centres are always a deep blue...I think as I read elsewhere blue helps you in your spiritual aspirations.
May we all have blue skies and calm hearts
Happy Diwali!
Love + light!

1 comment:

Leanne Lonergan said...

Beautiful post!
I like your idea of using the blue sky as a visualisation.
I am a colour lover too!

Followers