24 April, 2009

Splashed! & Yoga Inspiration- Jai Sivananda!


I've been Splashed! by Zooms Her island life and way of thinking uplift and intigue me ^_^
I was very pleasantly surprised to find that my blog had been splashed for being inspiring (^_^) Before I go on any further,
the Splash award is given to alluring, amusing, bewitching, impressive, and inspiring blogs. When you receive this award, you get to:
1. Put the logo on your blog/post.
2. Nominate up to 9 blogs which allure, amuse, bewitch, impress or inspire you.
3. Be sure to link to your nominees within your post.
4. Let them know that they have been splashed by commenting on their blog.
5. Remember to link to the person from whom you received your Splash award.

So I'm splashing my Yoga Teacher, Shameen Akhtar's blog Jai Sivananda (^_^)

Scorpion Pose!



My life has changed for the better after taking up her classes, she is from the Sivananda tradition and I thoroughly enjoy the challenges that come with it...ha ha...what am I talking about? I mean headstand for beginners! Kakasana (crow pose) and a no-nonsense attitude! I'm splashing my teachers blog for the daily inspiration she provides us. You can read more about her on her blog.
You can also find information about her classes and workshops in Bombay.

I like the vibrant positive energy embracing the Sivananda style yoga has brought into my life, I also adore my yoga buddies - I have a wonderful set of people to do my sadhana with (^_^).....

I have gone from not being able to do even six rounds of Sun Salutations (Surya Namaskar) to doing a minimum of 12 on my own, and today, my head touched the ground in Mountain Pose! (during Surya Namaskar) yeah! I jumped for joy...sigh! the joys of yoga ^_^

Thank you Zoom, for splashing me.... Thank you Teacher for turning your life into a beacon of light (^_^)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pictures from our class at Bandra- Carter Road promenade...the venue has changed since.
The only person not in these pictures is Rakhi, because she was taking them!
That's our teacher, top left....and the brave class!

Nina in grey, doing headstand, she goes up so lightly in headstand, vow! I still need help from my teacher.....(... getting there...^_^)


Tammy in headstand, then - a new student, she can now do it on her own!
This is the usual mood of the class......we don't take ourselves so seriously....(^_^)

Nina executing Kakasana or Crow Pose, Simple at it seems, this is actually a 'difficult yet easy' pose, you see, it is all in the mind, you float up and shift your weight, such that, it rests entirely on your wrists...mmmm....(^_^)....your mind needs to be one-pointed, focused.



that's me!! ^_^ Chakrasana (Wheel Pose)..this pose comes quite naturally to me (one of the very few..ha ha)...so since I can do the basic pose, I would of course have to try the more advanced level, which is raising one leg! phew! it takes great muscular co-ordination and most of all letting go of the fear that you will fall. When I try raising one leg, it feels as if I'm glued to the ground!! ha ha.....but Im working on it.......

Sometimes it feels good to be a work in progress and the little triumphs that come along the way propel you further towards your goal......FLOAT!!!!!!!!


Love, light & beauty! ^_^





3 comments:

zooms said...

I splashed you for a very good reason, you never fail to inspire me. Many years ago I was learning Iyengar Yoga. Reading this post has inspired me to try again, not by the book, but something that contains a little of the joy that I can feel from your photographs.

zooms said...

Ooooh, and I have just read this at your teacher's blog,

"Only when you see a task as a chore is when you begin to feel tired. And intriguingingly, having more or less time is always very very relative. You will not do something even if there is all the time in the world. Often, just because we are timid, lazy, unadventurous, and procratinating, is when we put off a task, by claiming we do not have the time."

and now feel much better about cleaning the house, that I have to get done today.
See? More inspiration, wonderful x

Samantha Honey said...

thank you for your lovely Yoga pictures! I love how you blend your real life with sensitive inner thoughts. Much love, Sabrina!

Followers