19 November, 2008

Rumi and the inner voice.



Pale sunlight,

pale the wall.

Love moves away.

The light changes.

I need more grace
than I thought.
- Rumi


"The Essential Rumi" compiled and translated by Coleman Barks and published by HarperSanFrancisco (1994).
Picture: from SUFI Expressions of The Mystic Quest by Laleh Bakhtiar, one of my fav books to go through as of now for the pictures as well as the text.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What if something is bothering you? Can you accept your limitations as you blurt you are cracking while keeping appearances under pressure? How dignified do you feel with your straight face since you do not fool yourself? You know you do not feel good inside.
During such times, I try to think things through, to pause. Even though I may be pensive or melancholic, rays of compassion from somewhere touch me or if nothing else, the emotional pain gradually subsides. In the aftermath Goenkaji’s words always ring true, “It is ephemeral, this too shall pass away”. And I feel so foolish for amplifying every word and action in my mind.


Today suddenly it came to me, Rumi’s words, "Pale sunlight,
pale the wall...need more grace than I thought" - one of my favourite verses.
Also this thought, “The seeds you sow today are the fruits of tomorrow”.




I'm sure you identify with answers such as these which just pop up in your heart/mind, calming you down, reassuring you, reminding you to stay on a higher vibration so that even though you waver you regain your balance and simply walk on.


Love +light

No comments:

Followers