30 November, 2009

That Christmas-y feeling


I was at Chimanlal recently to pick up some handmade papers. While I waited for them to get the roll of papers I'd ordered, I happily looked around at the charming items on display when this delightful little angel caught my eye, (how close we are to Christmas!) Immediately I bought a few :)



Flat at first, the angel opens up like this to reveal an adorable silhouette :)




so minimal yet so delightful.......I plan to get some more to give my friends, to send positive angel energy :)

**************
Christmas lights on Hill Road.
This Sunday I was in Bandra to assist my teacher at a free Dance Yoga Workshop she gave as part of Celebrate Bandra Festival. The venue for the workshop was a quiet tucked away garden called Malla Park, off Pali Malla Road. For me, more than the workshop was the joy at discovering this little garden (even though it is called park!). To get there you have to take the lane just besides The Bagel Shop, on Pali Malla road which is near Rizvi College and enroute St.Anne's church. After the workshop ended I wound my way down from Pali market to Hill road and there I came across these colourful Christmas decorations :)





Honestly, my pictures don't do full justice. I remember it was much brighter.



Christmas is never as Christmas-y in any another part of the city, the little cribs on display, the winding narrow lanes, the old homes, the bakeries, the goan accent (what men!) I miss that... but what is there to miss, really! I'll just swing by and breathe in the ambience, take a stroll down Chimbai/memory lane :)

may everyone have a very warm Christmas...
love + light!

No comments:

Followers