29 January, 2009

Walking with child and feeling like one.



One of the simple joys of life is to take a walk with a child holding their hand, the exchange of energy is wonderful. As you can see, here I have presented two facing pages from Thich Nhat Hanh's book, The Long Road Turns To Joy on walking meditation.


Walking with a child is meditation itself, even having a child around invites you to meditate, that is, practise awareness in present moment. The child will stop you in mid-conversation about something that was'nt so important after all (but to us evrything is so serious). I like these moments when you must stop whatever is it that you are doing and pay attention to the world around you in the present moment.

My girl-friend Gaurika's little girl sure does a pretty good job at this, being two years and old and all. I love it when she makes momentraily interrupts our conversation, and for a while I have stopped thinking and am just being....Thich Nhat Hanh is right when he says, a child is a bell of mindfullness.

Love + light



3 comments:

zooms said...

This is so true and I miss the company of children.
I do remember, although I haven't though about it before, the energy exchange, thanks for this post Sabrina, it has left a little tingle of delight in my palm.

nAuGhTyPrEeTs said...

Well, Sab I couldnt agree more with this thought...however much we may achieve in life, but real joy is found in being playful and spontaneous!

Sabrina Mascarenhas said...

Hello zooms...
(^_^)

thanks !

Followers