22 November, 2008

3 Things I love.



The cloud has lifted and I'm back to sharing things that make me happy :D
Earlier I had started to make a list of 100 things I love / am grateful for, this time I will share three more.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



6. Illustration of leaf forms.
This dictionary has been around in my family for so long that entire sections of it have crumbled away, therefore everything ends after alphabet v , ha ha , but it is still very dear to me....What I love here is this particular page , illustrating the various forms of a leaf, don't you just love the detail?


7. Children's story books.

Another peculiar interest of mine is to collect children's books with illustrations - magic-realism/ fables/ mythology . In fact I once did illustrations for a freind's story which hav'nt been published yet.


Aww! love this detail , the author has dedicated the book to her father, so warm.



pages from the book......wish I could share with you the story, feel like a child again.


8. Fish.
J'adore this circular shoal of fishes in a chines paper-cut. I'm very drawn to the form of a fish, and it's a good thing that they are an auspicious symbol too, for example in the the Tibetan Buddhist tradition part of the eight auspicious signs, are a pair golden leaping fish.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just celebrating some beauty can cheer you up and it is so true it must lie in the smaller things in life.

Love + light !






1 comment:

Samantha Honey said...

What elegant fish! So lucky for abundance & prosperity in feng shui too!
Do show us some of your illustrations one post..
xx

Followers