12 October, 2008

Sacred Corner

We all love to create little arrangements of our favourite objects, a favourite photograph, some flowers... which slow us down, allow us to pause, remind us of our goals or what is simply sacred to us, objects which we feel happy to look at.
For me, I love to create ‘still lifes’ which reflect my mood. What’s in my sacred corner says a lot of different stories, for instance, the little shrine is really meant to hold a time-piece, I bought it in Kochi, Kerala and the Sakyamuni Buddha living inside I found through serendipity. It is from Thailand and has a beautiful ornate oriental look.
Sigh! I just feel peaceful looking at the arrangement. On a deeper level I think we can’t help create symbolic offerings, it seems as if everything has a secret life of its own and a deeper meaning.

Love + Peace !
















No comments:

Followers