01 October, 2008

"It is the emptiness wthin that must feel comfortable."

The Boundless Room
No walls and there is no dwelling place. The room that is too small cannot be lived within. It is the emptiness wthin that must feel comfortable.
The place that houses a man and a woman's togetherness must define but not constrict, enclose yet be spacious. In the dwelling of two together, find the boundless room.

-The Tao of Relationships
by Ray Grigg.

The verse I quoted is from one of my favourite books I love to dip into...often one needs to be reminded of the poetry in life. Taoism's dual way of looking at things holds a timeless appeal- both qualities are always present in a pair of, let us say opposites - emptiness, fullness.
When I bought this book from a second hand, way-side bookstall, near my home- I thought I was being sentimental- The Tao of Relationships!! look at the title! Wrong.
I have read this verse to my freinds and they have fallen silent while listening to it.

Sometimes I forget about the book- at others I remember, I suppose "It is the emptiness wthin that must feel comfortable."


No comments:

Followers